Sunday 13 November 2011

NOTD: Zoya Neeka

Hi everyone,

I confess to being a bit of a nail varnish junkie, and for some unknown reason purple polish seems to be my favourite. I recently came across Zoya varnishes. Zoya claim to be the first to remove toxic ingredients such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde and DBP (dibutyl phthalate) from its formulations. As a chemist I love the idea of beauty products which don't have lots of chemicals which we're told to be carful of when working in the lab!
2 coats, without flash
Neeka is one of the polishes from Zoya's A/W 2011 collection. It is a beautiful greyish purple tone with gold microshimmer. While the microshimmer isn't as pronounced on the nail as in the bottle, I find the subtle effect it gives on the nails gives the varnish some depth.

2 coats, with flash to try to get the full effect
The formulation is a dream to apply and can give opaque coverage in just one coat (although I added two just to make sure). The only downside is that when I first applied this without a top coat it chipped within a day. However with a second try, and a decent top coat, it appears to be lasting much better.
I can't wait to get my hands on some more Zoya polishes. Have you tried any?

Love 
Rae xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment