In just a few hours I will be heading off to the airport to spend 5 weeks travelling around North Thailand and Laos. I'm super excited and have been looking forward to this trip for the most part of the summer. Since starting uni I got the travelling bug and started to want to explore different countries, away from the usual family holidays to Greece. Last summer I went on my first backpacking holiday around Vietnam and, after a lot of saving this year, I decided to go back and explore SE Asia some more and spending some time working with elephants. I love travelling and there is so much more left of the world that I want to see. I wish flights weren't so expensive and holidays were longer but hopefully each year I'll get to explore more and more.
So as I've been in packing mode for the past few days I thought I would share with you a few of my packing tips. I hope they are useful to you:
- Product samples are your friends! They're small size means less bulk and it also allows you to try out new products which you might not get around to otherwise.
- Lush solid shampoo and conditioner bars are great ways to reduce the size of your wash bag and stop me being paranoid about running out!
- Take lots of hand sanitiser, you never know when you might need it!
- You never need as many clothes as you think you will. Why take 15 t-shirts when 5 is enough?
- If you're going to a hot country do you need to pack your normal makeup bag. Eyeliner, BB cream/tinted moisturiser, and water proof mascara is probably going to be enough.
- Take plenty of lip balm, preferably with SPF in it too. Burnt lips are never fun and very painful!
- If flying long haul it's a good idea to wear flight socks. They might not be sexy, but trust me neither are swollen legs. This particularly applies if you like to sleep for the majority of your flight.
- Lastly, some great advice from a friend to prevent you packing too much: for every item you leave behind, you can bring back two!
Over the next 5 weeks I have scheduled a few posts so that my blog isn't completely neglected. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer, whatever you are doing. I will be sure to write up a post when I'm back telling you all what I have been up to and any beauty products that may find their way into my possession from Duty Free! Do you have any holiday packing tips? If so I'd love to hear them!