Saturday 5 April 2014

Hey! Long time no see

Why hello there! It's been about 18 months since I've last written a blog post. I've been um-ing and ah-ing about starting it up again since the start of the year and here we are.

So where have I been? 18 months ago I moved down to London to start my PhD. I'd spent the summer travelling around Asia and having one last final hurrah before settling down for the hard work that would be the next four years of my life. My summer was so busy I didn't allow myself to properly look for a place to live in London and in desperation I jumped head first into a flat without getting to know the people or even viewing the property first. It was a horrible, cold flat, and I didn't get on well with the two other girls who lived there. They weren't necessarily bad people we just had very different expectations and our personalities didn't quite match. I wasn't happy and trying to settle in to a big new city in a house I wasn't happy in was hard. I was finding every excuse not to be in the flat and I let the blog fall by the way side.
Last April I managed to move out and in with a friend. My new place is a much warmer, happier place to be (yay!),  although it is about an hours commute into uni everyday. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to spare doing my makeup, and trying out new products like I used to (if only I could master putting my makeup on the tube like so many other woman, I mean how do they do that?!) It also cost me a lot of money to move out and, quite frankly, I just didn't have the money to spend on new bits of makeup, skincare, body bits etc etc so I just removed myself from the blogging world. I stopped spending my evening watching videos on YouTube just so I wouldn't be longing for all the wonderful items I heard everyone raving about and tempted to spend a small fortune in Boots when I just needed some cotton pads... (Don't judge me, we've all been there!)

Roll on towards the end of 2013 and I'd started to find my feet a bit more in good old London town. In the run up to Christmas I started making the time to read my favourite blogs and watching YouTube again. It reminded me of how much I missed writing my own blog. So I'm back, and eager to get writing again.

I want to change the focus of this blog and branch out to other aspects of my life. Since moving to London I've picked up a few new hobbies and interests that I'd love to share alongside all the beauty and makeup bits. There's more to life than your favourite lipstick right? In about 24 hours I will be running my first marathon (eep!), something I'm super excited and also petrified about. It's moments like this I want to keep track of, and I'm sure I'll be filling you in on the details soon enough.

It feels good to be writing again, and I can't believe I stopped. If there's any particular posts you'd like to see then do let me know, but in the mean time I have a few ideas up my sleeve and I can't wait to get everything together.

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment