Saturday 11 February 2012

January Carmine Box Review

Hi Everyone!,

I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Carmine box this month. It’s felt so long since I received the December box and was so excited when my box arrived 2 weeks ago.
As is the general theme for this time of year, the January box is full of goodies to help make you look and feel your best for the start of the new year. It arrived in the standard black box with the carmine logo on the front.
The box contained the following items:
 
Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising and Brightening cream:
This 10 ml sample of moisturiser has a very subtle rose fragrance. It feels very hydrating on the skin and would be great for those days when your skin is feeling dull and tight. The box also came with the voucher code WILDROSE6 to use on houseoffraser.co.uk to receive £5 off with purchases over £25 on Korres.

Balance Me Radiance Face Oil:
 
The Balance Me brand was featured in the very first Carmine box back in October. Once again this product is packed full of essential oils which means the fragrance may be overpowering for some. It is meant to be used as a pre moisturiser to create a glowing complexion. I’m a little sceptical about putting oil on my oil-prone skin but I’ve used it a couple of times and no breakouts!

Westlab Himalayan Pink Salt:
Placing these bath salts in the tub for a 30 min soak is meant to be equivalent to a 3-day fast detox. I hope these live up to the big claims.

Elorda Feathery Effect Natural Lashes:
I don’t really wear false eyelashes as my own are pretty long and thick however these seem to be quite natural, pretty and very wearable.

Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Satin Taupe:
This is a lovely shimmery champagne colour and has a lovely creamy texture. I think it will work well as a base all over the eye. From swatching it, the colour is easily blendable. I’ve used it a couple of times and it seems to crease pretty easily but it can be minimised with the use of a good primer.

This months box is going to be a love it or hate it box. I think there are some really nice products and while it may not be as exciting as the previous ones, I’m still looking forward to see what the February box has to offer.

Love Rae
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment