Tuesday 31 January 2012

January Favourites

Hi everyone,

I can't believe it is the end of Janaury already. Due to exams this month I haven’t worn a lot of makeup. When I have decided to make the effort I’ve wanted to it to be quick and simple. Exam time is full of stress and so I’ve been having indulgent showers and lighting lots of fragranced candles this month to help me unwind and relax. 

So here are the items I've been loving this month:


Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser Shade 002:
This is a great tinted moisturiser which gives a sufficient amount of coverage while being quick and easy to apply. It’s a great oil free moisturiser and leaves the skin feeling light and natural. There’s also the added bonus of SPF15.

MAC Paintpot in Groundwork
I love MAC paintpots. They provide a nice wash of colour, which is easily buildable, and lasts all day. Groundwork is a great shade that provides a little pop of colour on its own, eliminating the need to carefully apply eyeshadow. 

 

Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I’ve read so many good reviews about this brush that I decided to pick it up in the post-Christmas sale on lovemakeup.com. I’m seriously impressed with the way it applies my foundation and has even managed to apply my MAC foundation perfectly (I have so much trouble trying to apply it without it looking patchy!). If you haven’t tried this brush you need to!

OPI Designer de Better
I picked this up just before Christmas and it’s quickly becoming one of my favourite nail varnishes. I’ve had so many compliments when I’ve been wearing it and just love the foil champagne colour. It gives a perfect finish in just two coats and lasts a good few days before it starts to chip. The colour is noticeable due to its metallic sheen but it’s not too bright so that it can’t be worn on a day to day basis. 

KMS Free Shape Quick Blowdry
I received this in my Carmine December box. It has been really handy for reducing blow drying time. I normally run a little bit of Paul Mitchell Fast Form through my hair, but having forgotten to pick it up after coming back to uni, this has been a great alternative. When this runs out I think I’m going to purchase a full-sized version.

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in Yogi Flow
I received this in my December Glossybox and love the luxurious feel it has on my skin. It contains Indian rose and sweet almond oil which smells divine. You only need a small amount of the gel to produce a mound of silky bubbles. It’s been a great little treat when having a shower.

Slatkin & Co. 3-Wick Candles
Candles make me feel all warm, cosy and provide a lovely, soothing atmosphere. Slatkin & Co three wick candles burn evenly and fill a room with enough scent without it being too over powering. The one pictured is “Winter Night” which has a spicy, clove scent. The only downside with these is that they are only readily available in the States. I have found a website in the UK where you can order them from but a 14.5 oz candle will set you back £19.99 (plus p&p) plus they don’t have a regular supply of stock. However, these candles are definitely worth the money and I would highly recommend them.

So that’s the round up for this month’s favourites. What have you loved over January? 

Love 

R xx

No comments:

Post a Comment